Medical coding is converting a medical diagnosis or symptoms, procedures, and drugs into codes. Correct medical coding is essential for the accurate transmission of procedures and diagnosis data between healthcare providers and the many insurance companies that act as third-party payers for the health care services rendered to patients.You must have the coding manuals (ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II) for the assignment of codes
Revenant OBGYN Medical coding professionals has;
· Ability to read and abstract physician office notes and operative notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS Level II and modifier coding assignments
· Evaluation and management (both the 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines)
· Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including (but not limited to) incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations and global surgery
· Coding of obstetric services including antepartum care, deliveries and postpartum care
· Coding of surgical procedures performed by OB/GYN physicians such as hysterectomy, biopsies, colpopexy, etc.
· Medical terminology
· Anatomy and physiology
Within changes in Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and the implementation of ICD-10, many OB/GYN practices have faced medical billing and coding difficulties that have increased claims denials and slowed the practice revenue cycle. OB/GYN billing and coding comes with unique challenges because of the voluminous claims filing that comes with a practice that covers Obstetrics, Anesthesia for procedure, Gynecology, and Family Planning. If you’re practice is dealing with excessive claims denials that are hurting revenue, Here’s we are to avoid claims denials and start improving revenue for your OB/GYN practice.
Contact us today to find out how Revenant Care “Medical Coding Outsourcing Services in USA” can enable your business to achieve process efficiencies and accelerated growth.